Applications are now being accepted for the Fall Internship Program. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — thanks for your interest!
- INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
- Marketing / Business Development
- Product Development
- Information Technology
- Graphic Design
- Inside Sales
- College Division Business Development
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Who We Are
- Program Overview
- Ideal Candidates
The Accounting Intern position will provide an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing an Accounting degree to get hands-on experience working within a real corporate environment. Qualified interns should have knowledge of general Accounting principles and ability to apply knowledge to analyze financial data; be skilled in using Microsoft applications, especially Excel; and have the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, to attend to details, and to work under time constraints. Responsibilities include:
- Assist accounts payable with entering invoices
- Assist with monthly close schedules
- Perform account reconciliation and analyses
- Assist in maintaining daily accounting records
- Participate in analysis of income statement, balance sheet, and journal entries
- Prepare budget schedules and trend analysis
- Other clerical and ad hoc duties as assigned
Marketing / Business Development
Sports Marketing and Business Development interns will learn the dynamics of sports event marketing and become involved in actively identifying and assisting with new business opportunities. Interns will contribute several elements to the year-round marketing plan including research, strategic planning, creative development, on-line advertising, and other tactics used to appeal to the variety of potential participants in sports events in collaboration with official event partnerships. Through research, observation, and participation, interns will learn the sports marketing process. Students will be expected to:
- Interact with official partners and other outside vendors
- Report and analyze marketing data including customer demographics and sales trends
- Conduct research on up-and-coming marketing channels and technology
- Develop creative visual presentations
- Write and update web site content
- Draft press releases and create written content as needed
- Maintain social media presence
- Potential opportunity to assist event management team at selected events
This position will assist the product development team at Premiere Sports Travel. Product development oversees the travel package process from start to finish – product building, procurement and management of inventory, and event execution. This position will provide experience and insight into our booking software, interact with clients and all Premiere Sports Travel teams, and learn every facet of our business. You will be given weekly responsibilities as well as special tasks that can include, but not limited to:
- Assist with preparation and management of hotel rooming lists
- Research events and event cities for product enhancement
- Prepare client, event, and package specific data reports in Microsoft Excel
- Assist with travel document preparation
- Oversee the organization of event contract and documents
- Assist with the shipping of final client documents and pre-event email information
Students will learn various aspects of application support including assuming responsibility for operating system patch management and version control business application upgrades. Assist with the management and monitoring of corporate email services, data archiving and recovery methods, as well as virus and spam protection. Students will also be asked to assist with special projects as needed with upper management and IT staff members. Interns should have expertise in PC hardware, network connectivity and software application installations in client/server environments. Familiarity with a broad range of PC based applications with expertise in “Help Desk” activities and exceptional trouble shooting skills. Self-starter with the ability to plan and execute detailed work to effectively meet objectives. The intern must have flexibility in style to facilitate effective interactions in a variety of work situations and with a broad range of associates and bring positive, solutions-oriented approach to the office environment. Additional on-the-job training includes:
- Serve as the initial contact for end user business application troubleshooting and support requests via email. Coordinate and track trouble tickets and when appropriate forward to other team members for response.
- Establish protocols for network and workstation hardware and software inventories. Business applications include PC/MAC based operating systems, Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook, Citrix Server accounts, EI Box Office, Great Plains, Protour, ACT!, and network accessibility to file and print services.
- Application Support: Responsible for operating system patch management and version control
- Participate in systems documentation, “best practices” policy development and implementation and special projects as needed.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of corporate email services, data archiving and recovery methods, as well as virus and spam protection.
Graphic Design interns will gain valuable real-world experience in print and web design as well as email marketing. They will work with the other Graphic Designers and Marketing team members to reformat existing designs to fit various outputs, contribute in brainstorming sessions, and design original pieces. The internship program will provide you with opportunities to interact with and learn from employees throughout the organization while adding to your portfolio. The intern must be organized, possess strong typography and layout skills, and be detail-oriented. Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Powerpoint and Excel is required. Some knowledge of Dreamweaver and basic HTML is preferred, but is not mandatory. Digital Photography and photo retouching skills are also a plus. The intern is considered an integral part of the company and as such, their ideas and input will be valued.
- Create and develop Web graphics as needed including: banner advertisements and Website images
- Create and develop print material as needed including: advertisements, brochures, flyers and other marketing materials in accordance with brand standards and guidelines
- Create and edit PowerPoint presentations
- Aid in the design of email marketing material
- Organize and tag pictures in photo library.
- Maintain an organized folder with all working projects
- Work with third party vendors to include IT resources, email vendors and printers.
The Inside Sales Intern will be responsible for generating qualified leads for our sales and executive team. You will identify the appropriate decision makers and influencers at each organization and, based on comprehensive product training, use probing techniques to uncover need and present possible solutions. Our ideal candidate will be a high energy, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills. Candidate will be organized, self-disciplined, of professional demeanor, provide superior customer satisfaction and represent our company’s image. This individual will work with the inside sales team, the sales manager, and the business unit manager to find new and innovative opportunities to provide valuable service to our customer segmentation. This internship opportunity is for those who desire a career in sales. Responsibilities include:
- Generate qualified leads for our sales team, identify appropriate decision makers at each organization
- Make calls to database to check information, explain product line to prospect and to discover needs and interest of person being called
- Research and develop sales leads for our outside sales team
- Conduct follow-up with phone calls and set sales meetings. In order to accomplish this, caller will be making 75-100 phone calls per day leaving messages and talking to prospects
College Division Business Development
The College Division Business Development Intern position will provide an opportunity for someone pursuing a degree in Business or Sports Management to get experience working within a corporate environment. The intern will be actively involved in the overall management of the college division’s business development efforts. The intern will help identify prospects, manage current prospects, assist in strategic planning, and assist with the internal record keeping process. The intern will also assist with other things such as web and social media marketing, research and data accumulation, and promotions. Interested applicants should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, have the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, be detailed and organized, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team. The intern will be expected to:
- Conduct research on current and potential clients
- Organize, analyze and input data collected on those clients
- Assist with website content
- Assist with social media efforts
- Potential opportunity to assist event management team at selected events
Premiere Sports Travel prides itself on attracting top talent from a diverse field of studies. On several occasions, successful internships end up becoming full-time positions upon graduation. If you are ready to work for the industry leader in providing top notch, once-in-a-lifetime experiences to the most sought after sporting experiences in the world, then we encourage you to apply for the Premiere Sports Travel Internship Program.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
Interns will be provided with an hourly wage for the duration of their internship. Additional opportunities for wages may arise throughout the course of the internship program. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Who we are
Premiere Sports Travel is the industry leader in providing one-of-a-kind, unique, unforgettable sporting experiences across the globe. Founded in 1997, Premiere Sports Travel is the recognized retail leader in specialized sports travel and hospitality. Whether it’s the 18th green at The Masters, a game winning shot at the Final Four, the thunderous roar of engines at Daytona, the trip of a lifetime for the Olympics or a fourth quarter comeback by your favorite team at the Super Bowl, Premiere Sports Travel makes once-in-a-lifetime sports experiences come true for sports fans around the world.
Premiere Sports Travel is committed to excellence in every detail of the tour: tickets, transportation, hotel accommodations, hospitality receptions, athlete/celebrity appearances, and more!
The Premiere Sports Travel Internship Program provides a fun, fast-paced environment for outstanding students to build upon their academic foundation and knowledge in a real-world setting. The Premiere Sports Travel Internship Program will provide students with responsibilities such as: event management, recreation and tourism management, programming, event planning, marketing, sales, graphics and design, information technology and finance. Students will be provided with a wide variety of practical learning challenges and experiences. The Internship Program and Premiere Sports Travel provide students with the opportunities to work on projects that relate to their major and give them real-world experience.
The Ideal Candidate
Premiere Sports Travel seeks career-minded, motivated and enthusiastic students who are currently enrolled in a college or university. Interns should possess an enthusiasm for the sports industry, an ability to work well in a high-paced, fun environment; work respectfully and cooperatively within a group setting; and produce high caliber results. Outstanding candidates will possess the ability to bring fresh, fun, creative ideas throughout the duration of their internship.
- Students must be enrolled as a Junior or Senior during the length of the internship at an accredited college or university in the following studies: Accounting, Computer Science, Finance, Graphic Design, Marketing, Sports Management, Recreation and Tourism Management.
- Provide a professional or academic letter of recommendation.
- Commit a minimum of 15 hours per week (400 hours total) throughout the duration of the internship program to receive school credit.
- Complete a cumulative project at the end of the season which will be assigned by Premiere Sports Travel staff.
Premiere Sports Travel operates two internship programs per year, coinciding with a traditional semester system calendar (Fall, Spring, Summer):
- Fall/Spring Internship Program (Beginning of September – End of April)
- Summer Internship Program (mid-May – mid-August)